It’s been a while, I’ve just finished my University course and I am awaiting results. In the meantime I’ve thought about additions and improvements to Run Tapper. For version 1.5.0 I intended to implement or question the additions of the following. If an item has (?) beside it then I am considering adding it as a feature and any comments as to whether it should be implemented are greatly appreciated.
- Menu Music (?) – Annoying after long periods ie Level editor?
- In Game Music (?) – Not sure if this would become jarring if music was added to level generation as the game is fast paced. Perhaps dependant on movement speed.
- Revised Audio for surfaces
- Performance enhancements – raise from locked 30fps to locked 60fps
This is my first ever game to be publicly available so please do me a massive favour and give it a go, leave a review and share it with your friends. I plan to continuously update the game to add new features (last main update was online leaderboards and achievements). It’s completely free with no ads and to be able to effectively use it for my portfolio I’ve got to get that install number growing so it would help me out tremendously if you took a look!
Gameplay mechanics include:-
- Prebuilt Levels
- Randomly Generated Levels
- Level Code (share random levels online)
- Tons of obstacles
- Customise your character
- Times for beating a level